Sunday, August 2, 2009

My little adventure at the retirement community

So, everyday we have two options, to get up and have a great day because you want to, or maybe not to have a great day because you didn´t even plan it in your head... Come on! let´s start a day with a positive mind!

Today is Sunday, and so far it´s been good for me. But here is my Sunday morning story.

I woke up and have to admit I was having a hard time in my head because things are not happening the way I wanted to. But still, I started my day starting my computer and checking my e-mail, and I got this video in my inbox from one of my friends.



After watching this video, I thought that this was going to be a great day... because I wanted to have a day with good times only.

I had breakfast, and afterwords I was getting ready to go to church with my host mom´s grandparents. This was a whole new experience, because I´ve never been to a Methodist Church. So, we were on our way to church at 10:30 actually, I posted on Facebook at 9am early this morning by mistake, but it took us 30 min to get to church because we got lost. It was a 10 mile drive but good thing we got lost though, now I know how the entire Greenville downtown looks like.

Talking about the church, let me say it was nice, they have different rituals, and the preacher took close to 20 min to finish. That was fast, I know.

At the end of the service I helped grandma to get to the car because she loses her balance easily. By the way I noticed that when we were taking the communion and she lost her balance over the Reverend. Don´t worry! he got her and she made this funny joke about telling him -Don´t worry Reverend, I´m not drunk-

After getting in the car grandma and grandpa decided to take me to their retirement community to have lunch. On the way they asked me what church I used to go in St. Louis, and in El Salvador. We talked a lot of different kind of things, but I think the best topic was "what did you get spankings for when you were young?", that was a good one.

Finally, we got to retirement community, and we went into this tall building were the restaurant is located.

Everybody there was old, I expected that of course, but what I didn´t was the yummy food I was about to have. Grandma said, everything here is delicious, and -you need to check this out- I asked what? she said... -There is a handsome waiter here, we all like him-.

We got our food from the buffet, and as we were talking, this famous waiter showed up. Grandma sight him so quickly, and drank all her water at once with no breathing, and saying out loud called: -John! could you please give me some lemonade?-, and he said Yes ma´m, with a smile.

I must say, that waiter was really handsome, just like she said.

John came back to the table with grandma´s lemonade, she blinked at me and whispered -I did it so you could take a better look-... oh my gosh! I was laughing and having so much fun, I don´t even remember how many times she used a silly excuse just to get him to the table. Grandma had the most amazing tricks to get his attention, but the best one, was the one with the banana pudding, I´ll keep it to myself though ;)

I learned a huge lesson today, having fun it´s up to me to make it happen, and I might not see this waiter again, or anybody at that retirement community, but I will always remember that everywhere I go, I can have fun, just because is great ;)

Oh by the way, grandpa doesn´t hear well, so he missed the whole thing! (^^) hehehe


No comments: