Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Photobucket

So, today is Thanksgiving Day, and what is usually done in a day like today is sharing with family great memories, but most of all, say a prayer to thank God for the good we all have in our lives.

I think it would be more exciting if I were actually celebrating this holiday in El Salvador, but anyways...

I'd like to thank for a wonderful-not perfect but great family that God has chosen for me to be part of, because He has touched my heart in every way with every single relative. It is truly amazing how God let me have the chance to spend a little time with most of my extended family and also to meet awesome friends in the last couple of years.

I am thankful for every friend I met in the US, and for the very few I have in El Salvador, they are a blessing and make my life better, everyday.

I am thankful in every way about INTERNET, nowadays is primordial to keep in touch with people, so I love Skype, E-mail, Facebook and now, Twitter... And also because of Technology in general I think as well: My Amazing MacBook and gadgets HOORAY...

But not only material things bring me happiness, well, actually they do, wait what?!

YEAH, Happiness comes from material things, what it doesn't is JOY, and joy can only come from God, what's the difference? well, I've learned that Happiness is a temporarily feeling, and Joy is the never lasting state of inner felicity that God gives you when the Holy Spirit comes into your heart. Kinda complicated but still the coolest thing.

In other words, I am mostly thankful for having Jesus in my life, and having the honor of serving Him with my gifts.

...And that's what I'm thankful for, YAY, happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice to see people that still give thanks to God for all good things we have in life :)
I found your blog after looking for info of the Immature Radioactive Samurai Slugs lol and couldnt resist to post something here lol.

Norix Di said...

The Immature Radioactive Samurai Slugs ROCK!! YEAH xD

Welcome to my blog, buddy :D